Jan 10 2010

Welcome Back from Vacation!

Published by under General

Even after teaching for forty years, it’s always exciting for me to start a new semester. This semester is special, because I will be retiring in May. As some of you know, this class is really like two classes in one. Monday and Tuesday we are in the computer room, and we will be doing reading, listening, vocabulary and grammar exercises on the computer, as well as using this blog. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, we will be in Room 329 for a more traditional classroom experience.

I spent my vacation at home, relaxing, working, and cleaning up and getting rid of things in my house. It is amazing how much stuff you can collect over the years! I prepared some of the material we will be using this semester. I was glad I was able to visit my parents a few times too. They live in Walnut Creek, so it’s not too far away.

How did you spend your vacation? Did you go anywhere or did you just stay home like I did? Did you sleep late? Did you do anything special? Do you like vacations or would you prefer to keep going to school?

56 responses so far

56 Responses to “Welcome Back from Vacation!”

1.   Ananda Cordaroon 26 Jan 2010 at 9:25 am

Yes Lauri, my husband had skied before and he taught me how to ski. It was so hard, I fell off a lot of times. If it wasn’t so hard, I would like to try again.

2.   Agataon 26 Jan 2010 at 10:33 am

Oh that’s nice. So where are you from? and why did you come here?

3.   Betty Dangon 26 Jan 2010 at 11:29 am

Hi Lauri,

I am planning to go back to my home town in the summer time, but we don’t know yet if we will go or not because my kids are going to take summer classes. (the older one just turned 16, and the younger one is 13). Maybe we can find some place near here to spend my familly vacation.

4.   pearlon 26 Apr 2010 at 12:59 pm

Dear Lauri, April 26, 2010
    You are always in my prayers. I read your writing about Tap water and bottled water. There are kinds of the merchant tricks. I stand by your side and believe your ideas. The friend of mine who works in the checked clear water department. She had a project to check all kind of bottled water that made her scared. Most of them are not very good quality to be a clear water even spring water. Soda is not good for everybody. So peple are drinking spring water, tap water, bottled water or juice. Sometimes it is kind of misleading. Myself I usually drink tap water, it is checker and fresher. I will not make a lot of pollution. I do’nt like people around my area, when it is before garbage night they are digging all garbage carts and searching soda cans, water bottles, glass bottles to the recycle collection station to earn money. It makes our area messy and poor. Especially the value is lower, I think we should think about how to be a smart consumer and get good health.
    Please come back soon.
    Love,
    Pearl

5.   coursework writingon 25 Aug 2010 at 10:54 am

Thank you for this great blog information!I’m finding this whole blogging world a great resource for any topic, and really inspirational.

6.   H Miracle Reviewon 24 Apr 2011 at 11:55 pm

Blogs are good for every one where we get lots of information for any topics nice job keep it up !!!

Trackback URI | Comments RSS